Best long range wireless dog fences
PetSafe Wireless Dog and Cat Containment System
PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Fence
ProfessionPet Invisible Wireless Dog Fence System
What are wireless dog fences? A wireless dog fence is a system of underground or above-ground wires, transmitters, and receivers that you can use to keep your dog in the yard. You put down an electric current, which is too low for people but will stop a curious pet from going past the boundary by giving it a mild shock. The advantage of these systems is they don’t require any physical barrier as fencing and gates do.
What is a long-range wireless dog fence?
A long-range wireless dog fence is a device used to contain your dog safely within a boundary. It is highly effective and relatively easy to install.
Long-range wireless dog fence suit you if:
- You want a containment system that is effective and deterrent.
- Your dog should be able to run free in your backyard, but you don’t want him to get out of the yard; or – Your dog may wander into places where he might get lost, such as busy streets.
- You have a big backyard or several yards.
- Your yard is not fenced, but you want to contain your dog in one area of the space.
For which dogs is it suitable?
Long-range wireless dog fences are suitable for all dogs, including young puppies. However, it is essential to consider that you will likely need to train your pet to teach him where the boundary lies and what he should do when he reaches this point so as not only to obey the rules but also to stay safe.
- For solid breeds such as German Shepherds or Rottweiler who may be tempted by stronger scents than other less dominant ones;
- For stubborn dogs who don’t respond well with standard training methods;
- If your dog tends to ignore previous training sessions due to its high level of energy intensity at certain ages (puppies).
- For dogs over 55 pounds since they can be harder to contain.
- If you have several dogs, it is best to get a containment system containing up to three animals.
- For big yards where the dog may wander around while being contained within certain boundaries; – If there are areas in your yard which might cause injury if your pet enters them, such as pools or ponds of water.
Best Long Range Wireless Dog Fences
UTOPB Wireless Dog Fence
The UTOPB Wireless Dog Fence System is our top pick for the best long-range wireless dog fence. It has an incredible working radius of up to ½ mile, which allows your pet plenty of space to roam without ever having to worry about them getting out or running off. The transmitter device emits a radio frequency signal that keeps your dog in its boundary zone while still allowing them the freedom to run around and play with their favorite toys outside the perimeter.
It comes with 100 training flags to help your dog learn the boundary zone. The UL-listed rechargeable batteries are ready for use right out of the box and can be fully charged within 24 hours using the included AC adapter. There is also a battery indicator on the transmitter, so you know exactly how much juice is left before needing to charge them again. Additional transmitters can be added if you have more than one pet or want to expand their play area outside of what’s initially covered by this system (perfect for people who like having free roam of the yard!).
- ½ mile working radius
- 100 training flags included for easy setup and training
- UL listed rechargeable batteries ready to use right out of the box with quick charging time (24 hours)
- The battery indicator on the transmitter so you know when to charge or replace your batteries
KAROTEZH Invisible Fence for Dogs Collars
The KAROTEZH Invisible Fence for Dogs Collars features a 500m working radius with plenty of space to roam around and play. It comes with the transmitter, receiver collar (which will work on all dogs weighing under 100 lbs), rechargeable batteries, boundary flags, an AC adapter/charger, test light tool, and carrying case.
This wireless containment system provides excellent protection against your dog running away or escaping through open doors or windows by emitting warning tones when they’re getting too close to their confinement zone boundaries before delivering a static correction if they continue to try crossing it. The adjustable levels put you in control over exactly how much stimulation each pet needs to be based on temperament. There are no issues with them being either too stimulated or not enough.
- 500m working radius.
- Adjustable levels give you total control over how much stimulation is delivered based on temperament.
PetSafe Wireless Dog and Cat Containment System
The PetSafe Wireless Dog and Cat Containment System are one of the best wireless dog fence system options on the market. The company has been around for more than two decades, which means that they have had time to refine their product into a reliable pet containment option that works well across all types of terrain. Depending on your pet’s temperament, the brand’s outdoor receiver collar can be adjusted from 0-100 levels. This particular model also comes with five adjustable training modes designed to help you teach your basic pup commands like “come” or “stay.”
The PetSafe Wireless Dog and Cat Containment System use a circular containment field best for homes with smaller yards. It can cover up to ½ of an acre, which means it might not be the right choice if your yard is huge. This system comes in three different sizes: small (for pets under 15 pounds), medium (up to 25 pounds), and large (for animals over 25 pounds). The biggest downside associated with this particular model is its cost – you’ll find other wireless dog fence options at lower price points. However, keep in mind that customer support from PetSafe has been well-received by previous buyers, so if something goes wrong or you need some assistance setting things up, there’s peace of mind in knowing the company covers you.
- Great for dogs under 15 pounds
- Excellent customer support from PetSafe, well-received by previous buyers
- Expensive compared to other brands on the market.
PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Fence
This system uses an advanced Radio Frequency with a digital display that won’t look outdated as technology advances. This model will last you up to two weeks on its rechargeable battery, which means less time worrying about your pet and more time enjoying yourself – win-win! Once your pup gets within 1-2 miles of the containment area boundary line, they will receive a warning tone from the collar receiver before receiving a mild correction intended to guide them back into safety zones. If needed, you can also use virtual fencing mode to create custom containment zones to keep your pup safe.
Like other wireless dog fence systems, this model includes a training mode that you’ll use to key in the exact size of your yard so that it can be appropriately programmed for maximum accuracy. You also have the option to set up additional containment zones if necessary – say goodbye to long walks around the neighborhood! This system comes in three different sizes: small (for pets under 15 pounds), medium (up to 25 pounds), and large (for animals over 25 pounds).
- GPS allows you to keep your pet safe while traveling
- Great for smaller dogs under 15 pounds
- More expensive than most wireless dog fence options on the market.
ProfessionPet Invisible Wireless Dog Fence System
ProfessionPet Invisible Wireless Dog Fence System is one of the most affordable wireless dog fence options available with an in-ground wire system. So why spend more if you don’t have to? The ProfessionPet model comes with everything you need to contain your pup within a 1-2 acre radius, including rechargeable batteries for both the collar and base station transmitter that last up to three weeks on standby mode. This unit uses static correction instead of vibrations or tones, though there are no training modes included (which could be problematic for some users).
Like other systems, it has been designed so that pets won’t receive corrections outside the boundary area while still roam freely when they aren’t close to the house. You can set up additional containment zones if necessary, and this system comes in three different sizes: small (for pets under 15 pounds), medium (up to 25 pounds), and large (for animals over 25 pounds).
- Affordable wireless dog fence option
- Comes with rechargeable batteries for collar and base station transmitter
- No training modes included.
Furnace 100% Wireless Pet Containment System
Furnace 100% Wireless Pet Containment System is one of the top wireless dog fence options for those who want to keep their pups contained and give them some space to roam. This system includes everything you need to set up a custom containment area within a 1-2 acre radius, including rechargeable batteries that last up to four weeks on standby mode (depending on collar battery life). You can quickly expand your territory beyond this initial range if necessary. The furnace has included two additional modes: virtual fencing mode, which allows you to create boundary zones using the LCD screen instead of having wires installed around your yard; and training modes where you’ll be able to train your pup how far away from the house they should stay before receiving a mild correction.
The system itself is waterproof and completely wireless, so you won’t have to worry about figuring out how best to run the wire around your house or yard – this will save you time and the headache of having cords running across doorways and windowsills! This model comes in four different sizes: small (for pets under 15 pounds), medium (up to 25 pounds), large for animals over 25 pounds); extra-large for dogs that weigh more than 60 lbs; and giant breed dog fence options explicitly designed for Dobermans, German Shepherds, Great Danes, Mastiffs, Newfoundlands, Saint Bernards & other breeds weighing between 100 – 200+ lbs.
- Waterproof & completely wireless
- Can quickly expand your territory beyond the initial ½ acre radius if necessary
Friendly Pet Products Wireless Dog Containment System
There are several reasons why you should consider purchasing this product. First, it is effective in keeping your dog contained within the yard. It also can be used to contain multiple dogs at once without interfering with each other’s range of motion or freedom of movement around the perimeter. And finally, it requires no wire installation whatsoever, which makes for a more accessible and less time-consuming setup than traditional fences – not to mention cheaper!
It’s also worth mentioning that this system is highly user-friendly. You won’t have to worry about constantly adjusting the range of motion or frequency, which means you’ll save yourself a lot of time and energy in the long run. I found it best used with dogs weighing between 20 pounds up to 100 pounds!
Comes complete with: The containment fence receiver collar, transmitter, power adapter, short contact points for small breeds (less than 18lbs), prolonged contact point for large dog breeds (>18 lbs), training flags & guide instruction manual – everything you need to get started right out of the box!
- Can contain multiple dogs without interference from each other
- No wire installation required
My Pet Command GPS Wireless Dog Fence System
The My Pet Command GPS Wireless Dog Fence System is another excellent option for pet owners who want a little more freedom and flexibility when it comes to setting up their wireless dog fence.
One of the unique aspects that set this one apart from others on the market is its built-in GPS tracking system which allows you to track your dogs’ location in case they get lost or runoff. This feature can be beneficial if your pets are prone to running out through open doors or gates without warning! You know what I mean – those kinds of things happen way too often, don’t they? Don’t worry, though; with this device installed along with an included cellular network transmitter, you’ll never have to guess where your furry friend is ever again!
The system also comes with a remote-controlled car that you can use to get your dog’s attention and bring them back home. Just push the button on the transmitter, set it in motion, and watch as the little guy follows behind like an obedient little puppy – it doesn’t get more convenient than this. No more of those frustrating days searching for lost dogs or trying to coax them back through open doors – this product seriously makes life easier!
I find that most pet parents enjoy using this particular wireless fence system because not only is it highly effective, but there are no complicated installation steps involved, which means less time spent setting up and more time enjoying their pets’ newfound freedom. It works great indoors too!
- Built-in GPS tracking system for pets who tend to run off often
- No complicated installation steps are required – set it up and forget about it.
PetSafe Wireless Fence PIF-300
This wireless pet containment system is an excellent option for those looking to contain multiple dogs at once. The PetSafe Wireless Fence PIF-300 can handle up to two pets, and it also comes with rechargeable collars which mean no more having to buy expensive replacement batteries all the time – plug them in overnight!
I find that this particular product works best when used as an indoor dog fence instead of outdoor because there is only one frequency available on this model, which means you’ll have different results depending on where your yard ends, and another neighbor begins. If you’re okay with keeping your furry friend contained within the same boundary line, then, by all means, give this one a try. Still, if certain areas overlap or cross into other yards, I would recommend looking at some of the other models available on the market.
- Comes with rechargeable collars, so you don’t have to keep buying batteries
- Works well when used for indoor containment
- Only works in one direction – will need another system if your yard borders onto someone else’s.
How To Choose The Best Long Range Wireless Dog Fence For The Money
There are several factors to take into account when choosing a long-range wireless dog fence for your pet, but the most important one is its size because this determines how big will be the contained area;
For example, if you have an extra-large breed of dogs, you should look for fences that can cover up to three acres or more. On the other hand, smaller breeds may require less space containment.
People’s most significant mistake while looking for suitable products is not basing their choice on these two parameters (size and weight) but instead on price tag only. This means they end up with small collars/receivers which cannot contain their pets properly since there isn’t enough signal strength even if they pay a fortune for it.
To avoid this mistake, all you have to do is to first determine your dog’s size and weight following the manufacturer’s instructions, and then choose an appropriate containment system based on these two factors;
This way, you will be able to get the best long-range wireless dog fence as far as quality goes without having to spend too much money just because there are some cheaper models available that may not work well. For instance, if your pet weighs 30 pounds or more, we recommend looking into fences that can operate over three acres since this is their optimal coverage area (measured in radius). On the other hand, smaller breeds of dogs should go with less expensive one like those capable of covering up to half an acre.
Number of Correction Levels
Unlike most other long-range wireless dog fence models, this one comes with six correction levels which can be changed according to your pet’s behavior and attitude.
This means that regardless of his size or weight, you will not have to worry about getting an inferior product simply because it has less than five sensitive levels as all pets are different from each other so that they may require more or fewer corrections for training purposes;
However, note that no matter how many correctional level settings there are, always start by using the first one initially and then increase its intensity gradually until finding out what is enough for your furry friend to get used to these boundaries without feeling uncomfortable.
Ease of Installation/ Usability
It’s not that hard to install a long-range wireless dog fence, but some models are more accessible to set up than others.
For instance, if you want something which can be installed by using a simple screwdriver, then the PetSafe Stubborn Dog Fence is your best bet as there isn’t any wire or other tools required for setting this product up;
Likewise, most Petsafe products come with an instructional DVD and booklet containing all necessary information about getting started, so even beginners will have no problems whatsoever when getting them ready for use. This makes our brand stand out from its competitors since their manuals are usually vague, leaving people confused on what they should do next after unpacking everything. But fortunately, things aren’t like this with PetSafe’s long-range wireless dog fence.
On the other hand, if you are a more experienced user and have already installed similar devices before, then there is no need to purchase an instructional DVD since it will be useless for you, so instead go for something like Havahart Radial-Shape Ultrasmart Fence System, which can be mounted both vertically or horizontally;
What makes this model unique when compared to others out there (even those expensive ones) is that it doesn’t require any tools whatsoever to get started, not even stakes! You find your yard’s optimal layout according to its instruction manual, secure the wire around these boundaries by using plastic ties provided along with your system, and voila. Everything has been set up for you.
Excellent Functioning During All Weather Conditions
Every once in a while, you may find yourself dealing with strong winds or unexpected rain during training sessions, so it’s always good to have something that can keep working no matter what kind of weather conditions are present outside.
The truth is that a long-range wireless dog fence isn’t the best choice for this type of scenario since some models come with an integrated lightning protection system and others don’t;
So if your pet hasn’t been trained yet, we recommend going for something like Havahart Radial-Shape Ultrasmart Fence System as its unique design allows it to be installed both vertically and horizontally, making sure there aren’t any holes between wires and also reducing chances of getting damaged by wind or water significantly;
If, on the other hand, your furry friend is already used to the boundaries and you don’t plan on moving it around too much, then PetSafe Stubborn Dog Fence has a particular lightning protection system that ensures the safe functioning of a long-range wireless dog fence even in times when weather conditions are not ideal.
Even though this is not always considered a factor for choosing the best product out there, we must admit that long-range wireless dog fence prices can vary dramatically from one supplier to another.
For instance, you may receive either PetSafe Stubborn Dog Fence or Petsafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence, which both happen to be excellent choices but will cost you around $140-180 dollars;
On the other hand, if your budget allows it, then I highly recommend getting something like PIF-300 SportDOG Invisible Fence because its price rises to $560 while offering many more features than those premium models mentioned above do – making sure that no matter what kind of a training plan you choose your pet won’t escape over these boundaries anymore.
Long-range wireless dog fence prices may also depend on the kind of additional equipment included along with them, so keep an eye out for these details as well. For instance, Havahart Radial-Shape Ultrasmart Fence System comes with a rechargeable battery and one AC adapter free of charge since it’s sold at around 150 dollars which is cheap considering that most similar systems cost way more!
How to Install a Long Range Wireless Dog Fence
- The first thing you should do is to analyze the area where your fence will be installed. You need to know how big it is and what type of yard shape you have;
- Keep in mind that while long-range wireless dog fences can contain a space up to several acres, they are more effective when the contained area has a radius between 100-150 feet;
- After deciding on an installation spot for your containment system’s transmitter or base station, place its antenna securely into position using either stakes or some other method that works best for you so as not only to secure it but also to get maximum signal strength from this point.
- Mark out two points at least 30 feet apart from each other within the perimeter of the area where your fence will be installed, and then place a transmitter on each point. This way, you can activate the receivers with these points to do not overlap within the same area.
- Once all antennas are in position and secure, it is time to connect them to their corresponding transmitters following its user manual;
- Before connecting any antenna or transmitter, make sure they have been set up correctly according to the manufacturer’s instructions;
- After completing this step go back outdoors and test each receiver by walking past both of its antennas while carrying one of the collars around your pet’s neck. Make sure that he does not get shocked when passing near at least one of them;
- If everything works as it should and your pet does not get shocked by the collar when passing near at least one of the receivers, then you can start installing your long-range wireless dog fence.
- To do this, you need to open the transmitter’s lid and insert a battery inside ;
- After closing its cover correctly, go back outdoors with all three collars within 30 feet from both antennas/transmitters so as they learn their new boundaries;
- Once each receiver has learned where its limits are, most pets will leave these boundaries without getting hurt or even noticing that they have been triggered, which is why we recommend leaving them outside for up to 24 hours before bringing them indoors again.
Long range vs conventional wireless dog fences
Long-range wireless dog fences have several advantages over conventional electric containment systems.
- Longer battery life – the batteries in long-range wireless dog fence can last as much as 18 months depending on your usage and type, while those used for other similar devices usually only endure between 30 to 60 days;
- Faster installation process because you do not need to dig trenches around the yard nor install wires all across it.
- They are effective even if they get rained upon or snowed under since there is no risk that water may damage them (although you should still remove any debris which might cover an antenna).
- You don’t need any training sessions with the pet, so he will learn how to behave within his limits right from the start.
- They can contain up to three animals at once, so it is a perfect solution for people who have more than one pet or want to train their pets together; – You may add an unlimited number of collars/transmitters and receivers within its range, which means that you can use them in multiples yards if required.
- The collar transmits wireless signals instead of running wires through your yard, while conventional systems require lots of cables to be installed all around the area where they will contain your dog(s). This makes long-range wireless dog fences much more accessible both to install and maintain compared with other similar devices.
These advantages make a long-range wireless dog fence an excellent option for most people who want to contain their dog within certain boundaries without worrying about training sessions or other issues.
There are indeed a lot of options when it comes to long-range wireless dog fences. But with the correct information, you can make an informed decision and find one that suits your needs best! We hope this blog post has helped you learn more about how to choose the perfect long-range wireless dog fence for your home or business. To recap, we covered some points in our article: -The advantages of long-range wireless dog fences -What questions most people have about these types of systems -Some popular models so far.